Snowflake Sugar Cookies
- ½ Cup Softened Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-4 Tbsp Vanilla Soy Mylk
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 ¾ Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- ½ Tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
Blue & White Chocolate Glaze:
- 2 Vegan White Chocolate Bars
- 1 ¼ Tsp Rawnice Blue Spirulina Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Blue Spirulina Icing Sugar:
- ¼ Cup Vegan Icing Sugar
- 1 Tsp Blue Spirulina
- Prepare Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal + 3 Tbsp Filtered Water)
- Cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. I did this in a speed mixer , but you can also do it by hand.
- Add in flax egg, soy mylk, and vanilla extract. Start with 2 tbsp of soy mylk and see if you need more when you add in dry ingredients.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in small batches. Add more soy mylk if necessary. 2.5 Tbsp was the perfect amount for me.
- Roll the dough into a ball. Cover. And refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grab two pieces of parchment paper. Place dough in between the two and roll out. I wanted mine to be quite thin (0.5 - 1 cm thick).
- Press snowflake cutters into the dough to make cookies.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Leave about 1-2 cm of room in between each cookie.
- Pop the cookie sheets in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 D F
- When the oven is preheated, pop the cookies in the oven. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes. 7 minutes was perfect for me, but this will depend on how thick you make the cookies.
- Let the cookies harden on the pan for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- When the cookies are hardening, get a wire rack and place it over a baking sheet.
- When the cookies are hard and cool. Start to melt your white chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. Once it is melted, add in your blue spirulina.
- Depending on the look you are going for, dunk your cookie into the white chocolate glaze. For a half dip, dip half of the cookie into the mixture and then rest it on the wire rack. And for a full dip, dunk the whole cookie into the glaze and set it on the wire rack.
- When the glaze is hardening, mix together icing sugar and blue spirulina.
- Sift the icing sugar. For your half dipped cookies, sprinkle the icing sugar over the top of the other half of the cookie that is not covered in chocolate.
- For the fully dipped cookies, sprinkle them with coconut flakes.
- Pop in the fridge to completely set (2 hours to overnight). Enjoy!
Product used in this recipe:
BLUE SPIRULINA POWDER
Our Blue Spirulina is extracted from green spirulina through a process where we get rid of the nasty, fishy taste and boring color, and keep the healthy stuff and intense blue color!
This recipe was created by:
Steph is a recipe developer and food photographer that has been a part of the Rawnice fam forever.
She creates the most drool worthy vegan pastries out there. We love this gal!