- 500g vegan white chocolate, divided
- 150ml full fat coconut milk
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract to taste
- ½ tbsp Rawnice Blue Spirulina Powder
- Sugar decorations
- Place 250g chopped white chocolate in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut milk in a small pan, place it on low heat and bring it to a boil.
- When it starts to bubble, turn off the heat and pour the coconut milk over the chopped chocolate.
- Let it sit for 2 minutes, then whisk to help the chocolate melt and for the ingredients to combine.
- Add in the peppermint extract and whisk again.
- Place the truffle base in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours have passed and the chocolate mixture is firm enough to be scooped, make half a tablespoon sized balls (this recipe makes around 25 of them).
- Place the formed balls on a tray lined with baking paper and put them in the fridge to set again for at least half an hour.
- For the coating, melt 250g vegan white chocolate in the microwave (800W, 40 second intervals) or on bain-marie.
- Add in the blue spirulina powder and whisk well.
- Coat every chocolate truffle with the blue chocolate glaze with the help of a fork, let the excess chocolate drip and put the truffles back on the tray.*
- Place the tray in the fridge until the coating sets (about 20 to 30 minutes). *Optional: You can add winter themed sugar decorations on top of each truffle right after they were dipped into the glaze.
Product used in this recipe:
BLUE SPIRULINA POWDER
Our Blue Spirulina is extracted from green spirulina through a process where we get rid of the nasty, fishy taste and boring color, and keep the healthy stuff and intense blue color!