Strawberry Christmas Lights
Grab the fam and make the most colorful and yummy treat for Christmas!
Time required: 30 mins
- 225 g white chocolate chips (about 1.5-2 cups)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (divided)
- 1 tsp Rawnice Blue Spirulina Powder
- 1 tsp Rawnice Yellow Curcumin Powder
- 1 tsp Rawnice Green Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp Rawnice Beetroot Powder
- 12 fresh strawberries
- Coloured sprinkles (optional but recommended)
- 3-5 strips of black licorice
- Divide the white chocolate chips into 4 small glass bowls.
- Wash and dry the fresh strawberries.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, add 1 tsp of each powder to the bowls and stir.
- Add ½-1 tsp of coconut oil to the bowls to encourage a smoother consistency.
- Dip the strawberries in each bowl, carefully ensuring that all sides are covered in the coloured chocolate.
- Optional: gently dip the chocolate strawberries into your choice of coloured sprinkles. **See tip if you want to make your own
- Repeat this step using all 4 colours and all the strawberries to set on the parchment paper lined baking tray in the fridge for at least 5-10 minutes.
- While the strawberries are setting, cut 1-2 pieces of black licorice into small “stems”.
- Break a toothpick in half and insert into the licorice.
- Once the strawberries are set, arrange a few long strips of black licorice on the plate to make the light string.
- Cut the stem off the top of the strawberry and insert the licorice into the strawberry.
Arrange on the plate to make Christmas lights!
To make more of a red colour, add a ¼ tsp of yellow turmeric to the beetroot mixture
**To make your own sprinkles, simply add 1 tsp of coloured powder to ¼ cup of granulated sugar. You can dip the chocolate covered strawberries into this mixture to add some texture.
White chocolate has a lower melting point compared to milk/dark chocolate. Do not burn or overcook your chocolate as it will not work.
Feel free to add your own design and decorate these as you like. This is a fun one to do with the whole family!
Crystal is a dietitian and fitness enthusiast from Canada. A mom of one, her creative food creations on Instagram and will inspire you to make and eat fun, healthy and delicious food!