Mini Spring Vanilla Cake with edible flowers🌸
Mini Vegan Vanilla cake with coffee & pb buttercream frosting (with a pink Beetroot powder twist💗), decorated with a lots of edible flowers🌸🌼🌸 Perfect for Spring's celebrations, but will also look pretty on your Easter table 🙌
Difficulty level: Easy
Time reguired: 1 hour+
- 260 gr of flour
- 100 gr of sugar
- 75 ml of coconut oil
- 220 ml of soy milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
Coffee buttercream frosting:
- 75 gr of vegan butter
- 360 gr of powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (smooth)
- Optional: 1 tsp coffee grounds
- 1 tsp of Beetroot Powder
- Edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Prepare baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine milk, vinegar and oil. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the milk mixture into the bowl with flour, mix all until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish. We have made three mini cakes and combined them into a small but tall cake. But you can use 20 cm baking dish and divide the cake later into two layers.
- Bake around 45-50 mins. After that time, take off from the oven and cool completely.
- Mix instant coffee with a tablespoon of milk.
- In a bowl place butter, vanilla extract and coffee mixture. Using the electric mixer, mix until smooth (high speed).
- Add peanut butter (+ coffee grounds), mix until combined.
- Add powdered sugar gradually into the mixture.
- To make a pink part, divide buttercream mixture into two parts and add a teaspoon of beetroot powder. Mix again until combined.
Layer your cake with frosting (you can add also your favorite fruits too). Decorate the cake with edible flowers & strawberries.
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!