Spinach & Matcha Cupcakes with Creamy Rose Frosting
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: Prep time: 20 mins + Baking time: 18 mins
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes
- 150 gr of light spelt flour (or wheat flour)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 50 -70 gr of erythritol or xylitol (or sugar)*
- 1 tsp of Rawnice Matcha Powder
- 90 gr of fresh spinach
- 90 ml of plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tbs of oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 125 g of vegan cream cheese
- 70 ml of maple syrup
- 3 tbs of chokeberry juice (or 1 tbsp of beetroot juice)
- 75 ml of whipable oat or soy cream
- 1 tbsp of rose water
- Rose petals for decoration
*The more mature and large banana, the less erythritol you should add
- Preheat oven to 180 C (upper and lower heat).
- Prepare the muffin pan or other muffin forms (silicone are best to use).
- In a bowl, place all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and soda, salt, sweetener and matcha powder. Mix until combined.
- In a blender, combine spinach, banana, oils and milk. Blend all together.
- Add the spinach mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix all well.
- Fill the muffin forms with the batter, up to 3/4 of the height.
- Bake cupcakes for around 18 mins. Let them completely cool down before decorating.
- Prepare the frosting: In a bowl, combine vegan cream cheese, oat cream, maple syrup, juice and rose water. Mix at high speed using the hand mixer. Mix until creamy and thick consistency.
- Use the piping bag and decorate cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle rose petals on the top.
Dorota comes from Poland. She is a food creator, recipe developer, and professional food photographer. She uses only natural and healthy ingredients in her kitchen, and all her bakings are without sugar - she constantly searches for healthier alternatives to involve in her recipes.