Drop these fun chocolate bombs in your hot drink for a colorful explosion and a sweet surprise!
Time required: 1 hour+
- 150 g melted white chocolate
- ½ -1 tsp Rawnice Bue Spirulina Powder
- ½ tsp Rawnice Beet Powder
- Suggested fillings: mini marshmallows, crushed candy canes, cinnamon
- 150-200 ml of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Dash of cardamom
- Whipped cream (colored with a mix of blue spirulina and beet powder)
- Dried orange slices, stick of cinnamon for decorations
- Chocolate bomb silicone mold (we used a mold good for 3 chocolate shells, 8 cm)
- Melt the chocolate and set aside.
- Divide the melted chocolate into two parts. Add the blue spirulina powder to one part and 1/2 tsp beetroot to the other. Mix until well incorporated. You can add more color powders for a darker shade.
- Spread the melted chocolate in the mold. To make cool marbling effects, add both colored chocolate. Make sure that the chocolate layer is not too thin because it will be hard to pull out from the mold, but not too thick as it will be hard to melt. We used around 1 tsp of of each color and brushed it to spread along the edges.
- Refrigerate to set for a few minutes. Then add another thin layer of melted chocolate. Chill in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Take the chocolate molds off from the fridge and carefully pull the chocolate halves out of the molds.
- Add the filling. Take the three chocolate halves and add your chosen filling. We added marshmallows, sugar sprinkles, some cinnamon and crushed candy.
- Take the rest of the chocolate halves and cover these filled parts. Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate to connect the 2 halves.
- Chill the chocolate bombs in the fridge for around 30 minutes or more.
- Whip the cream, add a little bit of beetroot and blue spirulina and mix to get nice purple shade.
- When the chocolate bombs are ready, prepare hot milk. Pour the milk into the pot, add some maple syrup and a dash of cardamom. Bring to a boil, milk should be very hot.
- Place the chocolate bomb in your favorite mug. Pour the hot milk and watch how the bomb melts!
- Stir, add whipped cream on the top, sprinkle with some crushed candy and decorate with orange slices and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy your warm and colorful drink!
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!