Dive to two delightful fall-inspired toasts that not only satisfy your taste buds but also bring the warm and inviting colors of the season to your breakfast table!
Get ready to savor an Ombré Spiced Cream Cheese Toast and a Pumpkin Spread Toast adorned with fresh figs and bananas.
Ombré Spiced Cream Cheese Toast
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Curcumin powder (for a lovely yellow color)
- 1/4 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp for maple syrup
- Prepare the Cream Cheese: In a bowl, combine the cream cheese with maple syrup, cinnamon and 1 tsp of Curcumin powder. Mix until you achieve a beautiful yellow shade.
- Divide yellow cream cheese into two parts. In a one part, mix in a a 1/4 tsp of beetroot powder and mix well until you create a delightful orange hue.
- Layer It Up: Toast your bread to your preferred level of crispiness. Spread the orange-hued cream cheese on the one half, followed by the yellow-shaded cream cheese in other half. Blend them slightly to create a seamless ombré effect.
- Spice It Up: Sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon over the cream cheese for that quintessential fall spice. Optional, drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the top for sweetness.
Pumpkin Spread Toast with Fresh Figs & Banana
- 2 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin spread or pumpkin butter*
- Fresh figs, sliced
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Spread the Pumpkin Love: Start by generously spreading pumpkin spread or pumpkin butter over your toasted bread.
- Layer It Up: Arrange slices of fresh figs and banana on top of the pumpkin spread. The combination of these fruits with the pumpkin creates a heavenly, autumn-inspired flavor.
- Sweet Finishing Touch: Drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the top for an extra touch of sweetness and warmth. Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon for that cozy fall aroma.
*If you would like to make a homemade pumpkin spread, here is the recipe:
Homemade Vegan Pumpkin Spread Recipe
- - 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- - 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- - 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- - 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- - 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- - 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- - A pinch of salt
- Combine Ingredients: In a saucepan, mix together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer and Stir:** Place the saucepan over low heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. This will thicken the spread and infuse it with flavor.
- Adjust to Taste: Taste the pumpkin spread and tweak the sweetness or spices to your liking. Add more maple syrup for sweetness or more spices if you want a stronger flavor.
- Cool and Store: Allow the spread to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a container with an airtight seal. Store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy: Spread your homemade vegan pumpkin delight generously on your toasts for a taste of autumn in every bite. Enjoy! 🎃🍂🍞