Black Coffee Tapioca Pearls 🖤
Have you ever tried to make tapioca pearls at home??
We've seen a lot of inspirational videos in social media, and we've finally decided to try out and make our own Boba pearls ☺️
We've made our tapioca pearls black, by adding a dash of our Black Cacao powder 🖤 And as we are a huge coffee lovers, we've made the pearls with cold brew to bring a little coffee flavor 😋
* We’ve got inspired to make coffee pearls and adapted the original recipe from @krystalpua (you will find original recipe on @krystalpua YT Channel here)
Black Coffee Boba Pearls:Difficulty level: Easy
Time reguired: 1 hour+
- 1/4 cup cold brew coffee* (we used @modecoldbrew )
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (we’ve used cane + coconut)
- 1 tbs of our Black Cacao Powder
* Instead of cold brew you can use water and instant coffee, as in original recipe.
- In a saucepan pour the water and add sugar, mix to dissolve.
- Add black cacao powder and stir well.
- When mixture starts simmering, add a half portion of tapioca flour. Mix until well combined. Turn off the heat and add the rest of tapioca flour.
- Mix well and remove the dough into floured surface.Knead everything together.
- Divide dough into smaller portion, and roll out them into form of long strips.
- Cut them into small pieces, and roll all pieces into small balls.
- Put the balls into a bowl and sprinkle with tapioca flour to prevent from sticking.
- Add the pearls into a pot of boiling water, cook around 15 mins.
- After this time let them sit for another 15 - 20 mins.
- Rinse in a cold water, place in a bowl or jar and add to them maple syrup (or any other syrup).
You can use the pearls to make cool Boba drinks, or even add them to your favorite desserts ☺️
👉 You can watch here our short Reel video and check out how to make these tapioca pearls!