DIY: Make Sugar Eyes Decorations at Home! 👀
Making sugar eye decorations at home isn't a mysterious process. In fact, this is very simple and requires only a few basic ingredients! And a little patience!😉
We've written for you two easy methods for creating these decorations that you can add to your favourite desserts and other food.
They're sure to bring the perfect amount of awe and charm to an otherwise ordinary cake or cookie, especially during this spooky season!👻
Method 1: Sugar Icing
This is a very easy way to make sugar eyes! You can use royal sugar icing or prepare icing on the aquafaba base!
Here is our recipe for aquafaba icing👇
For the icing, you will need:
- 6 tbsp chickpea water (aquafaba)
- 240gm powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (optional, to add if the icing will be too thick)
- To make the black colour you will need black food colouring; Rawnice Activated Charcoal Powder will be great to add.
- Whisk the chickpea water with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add the sifted sugar gradually, constantly mixing at high speed.
- Take a batch of icing and transfer it into a separate bowl. Add to it Activated Charcoal Powder. Start with adding 1 tsp and stir well. If the colour is not so strong, add a bit more powder.
- If your icing is too thick, add a little lemon juice to it and stir well. If the mixture is too watery, add more sugar.
- Transfer icing into a piping bag or bottle, and prepare a paper sheet.
- Form the round shapes with white icing (the sizes depends on your preferences). Let them dry.
- Take the black icing and make black dots on every shape to finish the eyes.
Method 2: White sugar fondant
You can make the eyes by using white sugar fondant! It is available to buy in almost all grocery stores.
You will need black food colouring or around 1 tbsp of Activated Charcoal powder to colour one part of the fondant.
- Divide the white fondant into two parts.
- Sprinkle one part with about 1/2 tbsp of activated charcoal powder (or more). Knead the ball until colour well incorporate.
- Shape the white and black fondant into eyes.
As you can see, making sugar eyes is not so hard! We hope the tips will be helpful for you during the upcoming days 👻👀
Do not forget to tag us in all your Halloween creations on Instagram - use @rawnice and our hashtag #rawnice so we do not miss any creation!🎃🤗