Colorful Spring Rolls
Spring is here, and there is no better way to celebrate this season than with these delicious spring rolls made with fresh veggies, fruits, and colorful rice noodles💙💗💛
Spring rolls are so colorful, super easy and fun to make. The possibilities for filling are endless! You can use your favorite veggies, add some rice noodles and tofu, or make them fruity by putting your favorite fruits.
If you want to make them look even more pretty, you can cut out the fruit or veggies into lovely shapes or add some edible flowers 🌸
We filled our spring rolls with fresh veggies and fruits, but we've also added rice noodles which we've colored with our superfood powders. We've used this time butterfly pea powder, beetroot and curcumin. 💙💗💛👇
Coloring rice the noodles with our superfoods is really easy! Just add 1/2 - 1 tsp of powder into hot water, stir well, and put the noodles. Leave them in colorful water for a couple of minutes until they get the color.
Here are ingredients we've used to create our spring rolls:
- Rice paper
- Rice noodles, colored with superfoods:
1 tsp of Butterfly Pea powder
1 tsp of Beetroot powder
1/2 tsp of Curcumin powder
- A mix of tinny cut green cabbage and beets
- Edible flowers
- Hemp seeds
For the fruity filling:
- Dragon fruit
Easy peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of lime juice
- 3 tbs warm water
- 1 garlic clove, grated
Whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Whisk in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach a good consistency. (if it is too thick, add more warm water).
Stir in the grated garlic.
*For the fruity spring rolls, you can make simple strawberry & yogurt sauce by blending plant-based yogurt with fresh strawberries and a little bit of lime juice and maple syrup.
- Wash all the veggies and fruits and cut them off.
- Prepare colorful rice noodles: boil the water and add the chosen superfood powder to it. Then, add the noodles and soak until they get the color.
- Start to wrap spring rolls. Make one at a time. Fill round bowl with very warm water. Submerge rice paper wrap for about 10-15 seconds or until softened. Place wrapper on a lightly wet cutting board.
- If you will use edible flowers or nicely cut veggies or fruit, use them first at the bottom layer. Then add colorful noodles and the rest of the veggies. Stack the ingredients leaving at least 2-3 cm clear of fillings on all edges.
- Wrap the rice paper. Start by picking it up from the end closest to you, pulling it over the fillings to enclose them. Fold both sides in towards the centre, then complete by rolling the whole roll away from you.