Earth Day Shortbread Cookies
Time required: 1 hour +
60gm powdered sugar
150gm vegan butter
4 tbsp walnuts, very finely chopped
Pinch of salt
6 tbsp chickpea water (aquafaba)
240gm powdered sugar, sifted
- Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Add pinch of salt and butter chopped into smaller pieces.
- Mix all with electric mixer until incorporated.
- Add walnuts and start knead the dough with hand, combining the ingredients into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in foil and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces, roll out each into cakes around 3 mm thick.
- Use the mold to cut out shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake around 15 min. Cool completely before decorating with sugar icing.
- Whisk the chickpea water with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add the sifted sugar gradually, mixing constantly on high speed.
- If you want to make one color of icing , add powder gradually and mix constantly. If you want make two colors, divide the icing into two bowls.
- If your icing is too thick add more chickpea water (or 1 tbsp of lemon juice). If the mixture is too rare, add more sugar.
ProductS used in this recipe:
BLUE SPIRULINA POWDER
Our Blue Spirulina is extracted from green spirulina through a process where we get rid of the nasty, fishy taste and boring color, and keep the healthy stuff and intense blue color!
Green Matcha has a long tradition of use in tea ceremonies in eastern cultures. Our matcha is sourced with the focused on providing a matcha powder that is great for use in foods as well as for tea. It works really well to use in everything from smoothies to desserts!
This recipe was created by:
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!