Dificulty level: Easy
Time required: 1 hour +
- 300 gr of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 200 gr of brown sugar
- 1 mashed banana
- 3 tbsp of applesauce
- 180 ml of plant based milk
- 80 ml of melted coconut oil
- 2 big carrots, grated
- 50 gr of chopped walnuts
- 450 gr of vegan cream cheese
- 120 gr of vegan butter, softened
- 240 gr of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of Rawnice Beetroot Powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of Rawnice Matcha Powder
(You can use,of course, any other superfood powder of choice to make different colors)
- Fresh thyme
- Chopped nuts
- Carrot slices
- Mini Easter eggs
- Firstly, prepare the frosting. In a bowl beat butter with powdered sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Add cream cheese and lemon juice, and mix everything until creamy. Divide frosting into two part and add chosen powders into each part.Mix well. If you want to make light, pastel colors add less powders (start with adding around 1/2 tsp of powder).
- Place frosting to the fridge and start to make the cake.
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare your cake pans.
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder and spices, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl place oil, sugar, apple sauce, banana and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Divide batter into your cake pans, bake 35-50 mins (depends on size of your cake pans).
- Cool cakes completely before adding the frosting.
- Layer the cake with frosting, decorate with edible flowers & herbs and easter candies (or with whatever you want)
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!