- 2 cups blanched almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 5 medium pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp. agave syrup
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. cup coconut water (add bit by bit)
Pink and Blue Layer Ingredients:
- Place all dry ingredients in the blender and pulse until well combined.
- Add in coconut water a ½ Tbsp. at a time. Mixture should be tacky and sticky not runny, you may not use all the coconut water.
- Scrape mixture out of the blender and push into the base of 12 silicon mini cake moulds.
- Refrigerate while you make the top layers
Creamy Layer Method:
- Drain macadamia nuts
- In a clean and dry blender process all the ingredients (except berries and Rawnice powders), until smooth.
- Separate the mixture into thirds, leaving 2/3 in the blender
- Add pink pitaya powder and strawberries to the 2/3 in the blender and process until smooth
- Pour just over half of the pink pitaya mixture over the bases of all twelve mini cakes, cover the silicon moulds and freeze for 2 hours
- Fit a piping bag with a wide star mouth and add the other, (just under) half of the pink pitaya mixture to it. Place in the refrigerator
- Clean and dry blender and add the white un flavored 1/3 of the mixture back into the blender.
- Add Rawnice blue spirulina and berries to the mixture in the blender pitcher and process until smooth.
- Remove the silicon mould from the freezer, pour in the berry blue mixture until close to the top of the moulds.
- Place the silicon tray back in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the cakes from their mould by pushing the moulds inside-out onto a tray.
- Pipe the remaining 1/2 of the pink pitaya onto the mini cakes into whatever design you like
- Let the cakes thaw for 5 minutes before serving
Any remaining mixture can be placed in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months for use in another dessert or can be placed in a frosting bag, set in the fridge for two hours and used to pipe more on top of the cakes.
Once initially frozen I have found that left overs do not need to be refrozen and will remain holding together and creamy in the fridge for up to one week.