Time required: 1 hour
2-3 frozen bananas
1 fresh mango
2 tbsp plant-based yoghurt (or a splash of plant-based milk of choice)
2-3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Crushed cookies (or waffle cones)
You can add more powder colors depending on the shade you like.
- First, prepare the ocean decorations. Divide yoghurt into two small bowls. Add blue spirulina powder to one bowl and beetroot powder to the other. Mix well.
- Fill the silicone molds with the colored yoghurt. You can fill the molds separately with each color, or add both colors in a mold, and create swirls using a toothpick or stick.
- Crush the cookies. Set aside.
- In a blender, put in all the smoothie ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer smoothie into your favorite bowl. Sprinkle with cookies and quinoa. Add the mermaid tail and other ocean decorations. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Take your bananas from the freezer and set aside for around 10 mins before you start blending. They will be easier to blend!
PRODUCTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
BLUE SPIRULINA POWDER
Our Blue Spirulina is extracted from green spirulina through a process where we get rid of the nasty, fishy taste and boring color, and keep the healthy stuff and intense blue color!
Beetroot is a vibrant burgundy color made from all-natural, red little beeties! A teaspoon of this powder will give your food that POP of pink in a heart-beet!