Coffee & oatmeal is the breakfast super blend you wouldn't want to miss!
Time required: 1hour +
- 80 gm rolled oats
- 180 ml hazelnut milk (or any plant based milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee (we used hazelnut flavoured coffee)
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 blood orange (peeled and chopped into small chunks)
- 3 tbsp plant based yoghurt
- 1 tsp Rawnice Black Carrot Powder
- Blood orange slices
- 1 tsp of peanut butter
- Place oats in a jar or bowl. Add milk, maple syrup, coffee, vanilla extract, chopped hazelnuts and orange. Mix everything together.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- When oats are ready to eat, prepare purple yoghurt by mixing yogurt with black carrot powder.
- Add yogurt to your overnight oats. You can make your whole oats purple - add yogurt and stir well. Or you can make two different layers of your overnight oats by dividing the oats into two parts, then adding purple yogurt to only one part.
- Pour the layers in a jar, add chopped blood oranges and hazelnuts on top. Enjoy your delicious breakfast!
Fun healthy facts!
Have you ever wondered what gives blood oranges that intense color? Blood oranges contain anthocyanin which gives it color and is known to be a good source of antioxidants!
Oranges flesh develops the red color when the fruits are subject to low temperatures. Early in the season blood oranges can have low coloring but technically they are still blood oranges!
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!